Here is a short practice to introduce to your life as a way of coping with anxiety and stress.
In your journal…
After each practice spend a little time, perhaps a minute or two, in reflection, noticing what the experience was like, asking yourself questions such as these:
You may want to make a note of these questions in your journal for ease of reference.
- What did you notice inside your body?
- Did you notice where in your body you felt emotions?
- Were you aware of what was happening in your mind?
- How did you react when you noticed what your mind was doing?
- Did bringing awareness to your thoughts change your experience?
- Is there a familiar pattern emerging here?
- Can you identify your experience with other areas of your life, your relationships for example?
- How do you think it would feel to bring compassion in here?
- How could you transfer what you have learnt through this practice to benefit your life?